Finally in the office... that was after spending 90 minutes shoveling since 7:30am. 10cm of snow came overnight. However, I didn't really mind the shoveling. I needed the exercise and I had fun pushing snow around with dad.
Not many people in the office today due to bad road conditions. However I did have a good conversation with John over MSN. John was frustrated with one of his team this morning. He said that people make him angry. He's trying to be nice to this team but they are blind. It's frustrating John that he's going all that he can to help but they still don't trust him.
As I was listening to John, I realized his situation is pale in comparison to God's. I am reminded of Derek Webb's song, Wedding Dress. Derek was previously a member of the band Caedmons Call. I must apologize in advance for the language in the lyrics I am about to post, but it paints a true picture of how we treat God when we turn away from Him after all He has done for us.
"If you could love me as a wife
And for my wedding gift, your life
Should that be all I'll ever need
Or is there more I'm looking for
And should I read between the lines
And look for blessings in disguise
To make me handsome, rich, and wise
Is that really what you want
(chorus)
I am a whore I do confess
But I put you on just like a wedding dress
And I run down the aisle
I'm a prodigal with no way home
But I put you on just like a ring of gold
And I run down the aisle to you
So could you love this bastard child
Though I don't trust you to provide
With one hand in a pot of gold
And with the other in your side
I am so easily satisfied
By the call of lovers less wild
That I would take a little cash
Over your very flesh and blood
(chorus)
Because money cannot buy
A husband's jealous eye
When you have knowingly deceived his wife"
~Wedding Dress by Derek Webb
I won't blame God if He gets frustrated with us. "Though I don't trust you to provide, with one hand in a pot of gold and with the other in your side." We are so unfaithful. But, yet, He gives us second chances after second chances. God, somehow you can use me to let John knows how You feel too... How we are blinded by sin. How you gave Your very own flesh and blood, yet we still chose the things of this world. Sorry, Father.
Not many people in the office today due to bad road conditions. However I did have a good conversation with John over MSN. John was frustrated with one of his team this morning. He said that people make him angry. He's trying to be nice to this team but they are blind. It's frustrating John that he's going all that he can to help but they still don't trust him.
As I was listening to John, I realized his situation is pale in comparison to God's. I am reminded of Derek Webb's song, Wedding Dress. Derek was previously a member of the band Caedmons Call. I must apologize in advance for the language in the lyrics I am about to post, but it paints a true picture of how we treat God when we turn away from Him after all He has done for us.
"If you could love me as a wife
And for my wedding gift, your life
Should that be all I'll ever need
Or is there more I'm looking for
And should I read between the lines
And look for blessings in disguise
To make me handsome, rich, and wise
Is that really what you want
(chorus)
I am a whore I do confess
But I put you on just like a wedding dress
And I run down the aisle
I'm a prodigal with no way home
But I put you on just like a ring of gold
And I run down the aisle to you
So could you love this bastard child
Though I don't trust you to provide
With one hand in a pot of gold
And with the other in your side
I am so easily satisfied
By the call of lovers less wild
That I would take a little cash
Over your very flesh and blood
(chorus)
Because money cannot buy
A husband's jealous eye
When you have knowingly deceived his wife"
~Wedding Dress by Derek Webb
I won't blame God if He gets frustrated with us. "Though I don't trust you to provide, with one hand in a pot of gold and with the other in your side." We are so unfaithful. But, yet, He gives us second chances after second chances. God, somehow you can use me to let John knows how You feel too... How we are blinded by sin. How you gave Your very own flesh and blood, yet we still chose the things of this world. Sorry, Father.
No comments:
Post a Comment