Tuesday, March 22

TC 2005 Coaching, Part 4

And it's finished. 2 weeks for Teen's Conference. 4 days. A bruised knee, a bad back, a cracking voice, but a renewed spirit.

Of the 4 days, plus two nights of prayer meetings, I must say this was the best day. It was the best day because God used so many people to speak to me.

In the morning, after our coach's prayer meeting, I ended up in the coach's coffee room chatting with Pastor Hoang Ho. I had to admit I skipped the morning message, but I've learn so much from Hoang. He gave be an insight on what being a pastor is like, and also a glimce into the culture and mentality of today's teens. But most importantly, the meaning of full-time ministry. I cannot describle how valuable this imformation is to me. Now I am even more excited for my studies at seminary and for God's purpose in my life.

After the chat with Hoang, I sat down with Peter Lau and had a time of catching up. I have not had the opportunity to have a good chat with Peter since I was serving in the planning commitee myself... that was at least 8 years ago. TC 1997. I still remember that all-nighter I pulled with Peter, rushing to get the handbook to the printers two days before TC, and the time I had to run out during TC to do grocries at Knob Hill Farm because we ran out of food at TC. Hahah... such memories. I told Peter about my calling into seminary, and boy, he was excited. I shared with me his experience in serminary and the workload I should prepare for. He also shared with me the year after I entered university, he had to step down as the co-ordinator of TC because of his workload in Tyndale, that when Cherry became the co-ordinator. We had a time of sharing and praying, and I could not hold back my tears.

After the two conversations, I was already tried and drained. Good thing that Diane and I found each other just before lunch time and we had a time to pray for the team and work on our game plan for the day.

I must admit, I can feel the team was quite tired from the day before. Many first time at TC, and I guess it is hard to keep up the energy level. But I think I did noitced was the teamwork and how the team gelled from yesterday. I guess it is an advantage of having a smaller size team, where everyone gets to know each other really well really fast. Through out the day, I had the opportunity to chat with a few of the teens and get to know them better. And also I had the chance to share the struggles in my Christian walk during our Group Study time. But I guess what got the team excited was when we dressed each other up in newspaper. And I didn't know why I agreed to Daniel and Joe's idea of dress me up in a newspaper bikini... but everyone had a good laugh and got our spirits up.

I gotta give it to Joe and Daniel. They were awesome as captains. And I can sense much potential with many member of the team, that God can use them greatly in His work. The must exciting thing was we have one person on the team accept salvation for the very first time. And to see many teen willing to take on the task to me light of the world, brought tears to my eyes. Lord, I pray that you will remind these your people of their commitment to you, and give them the strength to stand firm when tough times come.

The day did not end without some sort of attacks from Satan. Before the final worship session, one of the praise leader's voice suddenly became all hella wacked... so a bunch of us coaches had a emergence prayer huddle during worship. By God's grace, His protection was over all of us.

So tired... but statisfy and lifted up. Home by 2:00am after cleaning up and shipping everything back to AFC. Of course, we ate with the AFC staff too.

Photos:
http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2129140506

No comments: