Tonight, I had a really good discuss with Frederick, formulating ways to reach the youths of today. Over the pass week, we have been exploring on ways to push the envelope of the church's motto "High tech, high touch". How can we use the very medium the youths use to connect with each other, the internet, and minister to them on their own turf?
We boiled it down to two channels: MSN and blogs.
MSN, a tool our caring network is already using extensively to connect with the other members of the congregation. A medium to speak to the youth in their own language.
Blog, a channel I began to explore about a year ago. A ministry God has given me where a network of brothers sisters can share God's work in our lives. I only began to understand the popularity of this communication medium. In my journal, maybe it allows other to have a glimpse of my life and my mind, very much like the reality TV shows, but I realized this channel allow many youth voice out what's on their minds. Speaking with Frederick, we realized by tying these blogs together through the church website, we can collectively encourage the youth to focus their thoughts upwards. In writing a blog, one calms down and reflect on daily life. If we can provide some guidance at this moment, we can point these thoughts upward and reflect on God.
We boiled it down to two channels: MSN and blogs.
MSN, a tool our caring network is already using extensively to connect with the other members of the congregation. A medium to speak to the youth in their own language.
Blog, a channel I began to explore about a year ago. A ministry God has given me where a network of brothers sisters can share God's work in our lives. I only began to understand the popularity of this communication medium. In my journal, maybe it allows other to have a glimpse of my life and my mind, very much like the reality TV shows, but I realized this channel allow many youth voice out what's on their minds. Speaking with Frederick, we realized by tying these blogs together through the church website, we can collectively encourage the youth to focus their thoughts upwards. In writing a blog, one calms down and reflect on daily life. If we can provide some guidance at this moment, we can point these thoughts upward and reflect on God.
No comments:
Post a Comment