Saturday, March 19

Scriptures Coming ALIVE!

Today a group of us went to see a stage production of the Gospel of John stage production. I was done by actor Brad Sherrill who memorized the whole NIV text of the Gospel of John and recited it with actions. It was quite an experience. As Brad was recited the lines, I cannot help but to mumble under my breathe the familiar passages. It reminds me how important it is to memorize the Scriptures.

Also, seeing the exact Scriptures being acted out, it was awesome to see the Scriptures come alive in a way I did not perviously imagine. It was amazing how differently God spoke to me through the Scriptures.

What hit me the most was one theme throughout the Gospel of John. Food. Yummy!!! You all know I love food. But what blew me away was the food we should seek.

"“My food,” said Jesus, “is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work. Do you not say, ‘Four months more and then the harvest’? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest. Even now the reaper draws his wages, even now he harvests the crop for eternal life, so that the sower and the reaper may be glad together. Thus the saying ‘One sows and another reaps’ is true. I sent you to reap what you have not worked for. Others have done the hard work, and you have reaped the benefits of their labor.”"
~John 4:34-37

"Do not work for food that spoils, but for food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you. On him God the Father has placed his seal of approval."
~John 6:27


We are call to work not for food that will spoil... but for food that the Father is approved of, which is to do God's will and finish His work.

http://www.gospelofjohn.com/

No comments: