Sunday, March 6

Underestimating God's Work

After some thoughts, I began to learn the lesson God has in front of me. After leading Bible Studies and worship since I was grade 9, these tasks are beginning to become "rountine" to me. I thought I'm seen it all, and can handle any situation... hence, my weakness. Why did the thought of throwing in the white towel creeped into my mind last night? I actually wanted to quit what God has called me to do, to lead my Life Transformation Group through this season of Bible Studies. I wanted to blame the material. But the truth is I underestimated the importance of God's work.

I'm sorry, Lord. I tried to blame if on my inability to switch gear between different age groups. However, the real problem was me not taking God's work seriously. Ove the past two months I have spend large amount of time preparing for the English and Children Service sermons, becuase it's something new, something fresh. Yeah, I must admit I've only did a half-hearted effort on the Bible Study preparation.

Lord, I apologized for my weakness that resulted in the stunned growth on the members of my LT group. After the worship team meeting last night, I too realized that I've been taking my service at worship for granted.

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD."
~Joshua 24:15b

"He gave them these orders: "You must serve faithfully and wholeheartedly in the fear of the LORD."
~2 Chr19:9

"Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not men,"
~Eph 6:7

No comments: