Tuesday, March 15

TC 2005 Coaching, Part 1

Oh boy, I really feel I'm getting old. Team Hosea. Vivian and Karen is so full of energy, I can barely keep up with them. And what a large team. 30 grade 8 & 9, 2 captains, 1 coach. And no name tags this year, but rather, wrist bands with their names.

"Err... excuse me, can I see your wrist? Ahhh... yes, Jon. How are you?"

HAhah... what a day. Vivan and Karen are going a great job as captains, there are still things for them to learn especially in leading Bible Studies and leading the team. But given it's their first time, they are doing a great job. And wow, what a testimony Vivian has... she totally blew me away. God is so amazing in her life! Hearing Vivian's and Charmaine's testimonies make me realized my suffering is so trivial. I have my family, I still have everyone close to me. But to them, even the foundation for the very thing I take for granted is shaken. What else can I do but to praise God for His blessings. If God is so gracious to them, why do I worry about my little problems?

Silly Joel.

Pastor Hoang Ho is such a dynamic speaker. I guess you have to be to keep today's teens interested and focus. I learn so much from his preaching style, how he splits the congregation up into individual groups and hit his point home with each group.

Day 2 tomorrow. I'm planning to challenge to decisions the teens made tonight. It's not about hype and rar rar, not about "it's cool to sign my name onto the cross", but about bearing the cross.

Time to think of a way to challenge the teens, and to help Vivian and Karen lift the team spirits up.

Photos:
http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2129125435

No comments: