Wednesday, March 2

Down The Road Uncertain

And interest chain of thought flowed through my mind as I was chatting with a brother late last night. At times, traveling down the journal of life, we are "forced" to take an uncertain path with no alternatives. Then one might argue, where's our free will? Joel, you keep saying that through God you know the beginning and the end of our lives, are our lives predestined?

No. Not predestined. Yet, we have the peace to know the destination and our life is the story God is going to write. I believe the free will comes in the form of whether or not you are going to let God write your story. When we are "force" to travel down an uncertain path, with no alternatives in sight, there's always the choice of Jonah and be irresponsible and run off. However, we too can accept this path this uncertain path. It could be a painful road but God had promised that if we follow His will, for certain He is at our side walking this path also.

With this peace, how come is still so painful? Is it because of our lack of faith? Maybe. But also because we are only human.

"I am only human
Struggling to find
Confidence in all that I believe
You are only holy
You are love defined
And you have said to ask and I'll receive

So I have come to pray
That you will come and fill
The hunger here inside me to grow
Stronger in the faith
There’s a longing and a need
To have you ever closer
Come fill me

(CHORUS)
Cause when you move in me
It's like a symphony
The timeless melody
That soothes my soul
Though silent I can tell
That you're alive and well
Cause I can feel you move
In me

What they try to tell me
Is that your love is false
And faith is just a way
I choose to feel
And that there was no meaning
To you upon the cross
And I should reach for something that is real
And when those words are said
The questions in me start
And I don't have any answers
Until I stop thinking with my head
And start listening to my heart
And there I find my assurance

I tell them"
~Move In Me
by Michael W. Smith

The problem with being human, especially a technical person like myself, is that we think too much. Yes, God gave us a brain to think, but was the creation and the design of the brain mentioned in the Bible? No. Yet, the design and creation of one aspect of our "humanness" that was mentioned in the Bible was our soul.

"the LORD God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being."
~Genesis 2:7


Our soul, the breath of God, is our antenna to tune us into God's wavelength. But we tend to crowd God's signals with our own thoughts and noise. And "Until I stop thinking with my head and start listening to my heart, there I find my assurance". And as we travel down an uncertain path... open our hearts, and listen (not think, not speak), listen, to God's guidance.

No comments: