Thursday, March 31

Spring Rain

"We're ready to study GOD,
eager for God-knowledge.
As sure as dawn breaks,
so sure is his daily arrival.
He comes as rain comes,
as spring rain refreshing the ground."
~Hosea 6:3
(The Message)

Spring rain... such beautiful sounds, as the droplets splash against the window. Distant thunder rumbled overhead. Spring is finally in the air. I was home in the afternoon because mom was not feeling well today. So I sat in the kitchen and stared out into the backyard.

Stared and pondered...

I have had writer's cramp all week. Thoughts filled my mind, but I could not put it down on paper. Weaknesses overcame me, but God was merciful. God was faithful. Like the spring rain, he pours His blessings upon us.

An awkward dream came to me last night. I usually do not remember my dream, but this one I remember vividly. In my dream, I was sentenced to be crucified. To be crucified because the world hated me. Everyone around me knew there was nothing they could do to alter the decision. The thought of nails, piercing through my hands freighted me. The date of the crucifixion was set. All I could do was to wait for the appointed time. But did I wait quietly? NO! I called all my non-believer friends, to share God's love with them while I still had the chance. I called Alan, to once again invite him to our church. I called the members of my Home Group, to ensure they had transportation to the program on Friday (even though I knew I would be no longer around to join them in the program too). I made sure I tied up all the loose ends. Then, the time came of my crucifixion arrived. And for some reason, it was postponed. Off I go calling people and sharing God's good news as if there was no tomorrow (well, to me, there IS no tomorrow). Then once again, at the appointed time, I arrive to face my fate. And once again, the crucifixion was postponed.

At the moment, I woke up...

At once, I knew God was talking to me. Within the last month, I have had two dreams where I had a short period of time I have left to live. And what should I do?

Our lives should be lived out as I did in my dream last night. We deserved to be crucified. But by God's grace, through Jesus' love for us on the cross, He took our place at the crucifixion. But, we tend to take that for granted. And there are no urgency in our life. What if, God told you that it's time to come home. Can you say you have run the good race?

The time to live out the great commission is now. God does not care what we will do for Him tomorrow. All He cares about is what we can do for Him NOW.

No comments: