Monday, February 28

A New Song... A Love Song

"I waited patiently for the LORD ;
he turned to me and heard my cry.
He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand.
He put a new song in my mouth,
a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear
and put their trust in the LORD ."
~Psalms 40:1-3


The Lord have spoken to me: :The time has come, Joel, I have taught you how to speak, I have taught you how to cry out to Me. I have lifted you out of the slimy pit and set your feet on a firm place. Now learn how to listen. Most importantly, how to listen to me. I'll give you new song. Sing. Dance. Lift up you hands in praises."

God, have Your Spirit flow through me. I long for You hand to move in me. Thank You for proving to me over and over again that You are real. Father, Father. Use me. Every time You speak through me, WOW!, I am drained physically, but fulfilled Spiritually. I'm nothing but and instrument for You. And out of tone instrument. Lord, tune Your instrument and make a new song out of me. I know as You turn the tuning pegs of me, it will hurt. It will seem the my life is ringing out of sync, the pulsing echo of a new song not in tune with what I want will hurt my ears. But Lord, what is better than to have my life live out Your will. Write Your new song in me, write Your story in me. Thank You for show me the back cover of this story of Joel. A love story of how You offered Your Son whom "You loved and fully pleased". How through Your Son You lifted me out of mud and murk. That's a story I'm excited to see unfold. My love story, written by God. All other stories seem blend compared to this.

Father, Father. I knew on the road ahead of me, I will be tested. I will be put into trials. Lord, break me down to my knees, in awe of You. Thank You for reminding me again and again that You have walk this road already and will walk down this road with me hand in hand. Lord, it's all about You. I want to see how Your story of me unfolds, not my version of the story. My story is of a tragedy, but Your story is one of love. At the end, what can it take away from this world? Not the riches of earth, not the earthly relationships. Yes, not even relationships. In heaven, all brothers and sisters will knew each other and praise God together. The only thing I can take away from this world is my character. Lord, then I want You to shape my character.

No comments: