Thursday, February 3

Enough About Me, Let's Pray for Others First

Greetings brothers and sisters. I first must apologize for the lack of journal entries over the last month. And over the past two weeks if you were not physically around me, in time I will share how the amazing work God had done in my life.

I have so much I want to share, yet I still have so much to do. So maybe I'll first share what's on my mind at the moment so you may kindly keep these items in your prayers.

Relatives visiting TO
My grandparents (from my dad's side) are arriving from Hong Kong tonight. The thought of seeing them again makes me extremely excited. However, please keep them in your prayers for they yet to know the Lord. They will be staying with us for 3 weeks. Along with my grandparents, my Aunt and Uncle from LA will also visit us tonight, but they are only staying for 1 week. If it is God's will and His timing, pray that we will cease the opportunities to share God's word with them.

Children Worship sermon series
Now that the English Worship is done last Sunday, my focus is shifted to the 2 sermons for the Children Worship in the end of February. The sermon topic is on "The Amazing Book" (The Holy Bible). Pray God will continue to equipped me as I prepare to share God's word with the little ones.

Outreach programs
There will be several outreach program in the coming week organized by the church. Unfortunately, since I'll be in Houston next weekend, I'll miss all of them. However, please join me in prayers for these programs. Pray that newcomer will have the chance to share God's love with us.

Alice and Patrick
Please pray for Alice and Patrick. They have made great sacrifices for God as I was prepared my sermon for last week. May God use them greatly in these tough time and strengthen their faith as they seek direction from God.

**********

If anyone of you have any prayer request, please do not hesitate to send me a message and I'll keep them in my prayers.

Thanks to Jenny for sending me a reminder last week, using the quote I always us to shake me up a bit.

"Busyness is a great enemy of relationships. We become preoccupied with making a living, doing our work, paying bills, and accomplishing goals as if these task are the point of life. They are not. The point of life is learning to love - God and people. Life minus love equals zero."
~Purpose Driven Life, Day 16


It's RSP season, but I will not let the busyness of work bog me down. But yet, I will do what I preached; To do my BEST at work. Over the next few days, I'll post updates on what I've learn over the last few weeks.

Prayerfully yours,
Joel

No comments: