Monday, February 14

Vision of a Miracle

It was 4:00am this morning when I arrived home from Houston. Tired, exhausted, and ill. Our flight was delayed for 3 hours due to weather in Chicago. Flight crew and passenger were all ready and waiting in Houston waiting for Chicago to give us the green light to fly.

Before we arrived at the airport, I was famished. Up since 5:00am, lining up for the convention, beside the pop tarts I had in my bag, I have not ate until we were at the airport at 5:00pm. Even after the delightful salad, I can feel sickness beginning to come upon me. My throat began to hurt, headache began to set in.

It is amazing how God has a plan for everything. Throughout the weekend, I was waiting for God's word of comfort, but none came. Not even when I was on my flight to Houston (Compared to last year's flight to Las Vegas).

http://joeya.easyjournal.com/default.asp?eid=2215021

While we waited for our flight at the gate, uncertain if we will be home tonight, my exhaustion and sickness overcame me. I was out cold. When we finally got the go ahead to board our flight, I praise God for giving me the whole row of seats where I can lie down and rest. And I slept again. On the flight, the air pressure in the cabin amplified the pains in my head, and by this time I cannot hear anything out of my left ear. An eerie silence overcame me as I dosed off again.

And in my sleep, I had a vision. I vision of God speaking to me. A vision of comfort, how God will reveal His glory to me through a miracle as He lifts me up from this valley. On one condition: that I will serve Him wholeheartedly in the office, to share His love to my colleges. Then, in this silence, a sudden peace overwhelmed me.

" The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake.

Even though I walk
through the valley of the shadow of death, [a]
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
forever. "
~Psalm 23


Thinking back over this weekend, there has always been a brother or sister in Christ by my side. Ed Young, Roger Lu, Bik Kun Chin, David & Fanny, and Helen Ngo. A constant reminder of we are called to do God's work in every aspect of our lives. To fulfill His eternal purpose.

Last but not lest, I wished there was another brother and sister that could of joined us in Houston this weekend: Mark and Jenny. But by God's grace and love, I praise God for His protecting hands that they are safe back home in Vancouver.

It's all about You, Lord.

No comments: