Sunday, February 27

Refocus

Bible Reading, currently at Leviticus 8. Getting behind on my Bible reading.

Wow, so weird. A new look in easyjournal.

"Busyness" over. Finally, the rush of RSP season is now behind me. Not that I'm complaining, but you know that I do not like the word "busy". So "busy", just look at my journal entries over my last month. Sorry, Lord, I know you've dropped many hints throughout the month to draw me back to having quiet times with You in the journal.

I hear Your voice, Lord. I hear You calling. I want to be with You. Near You.

"You are all
Big and small
Beautiful
And wonderful
To trust in grace through faith
But I'm asking to taste...

For dark is light to You
Depths are height to You
Far is near
But Lord, i need to hear from You

Be near, oh God
Be near, oh God of us
Your nearness is to us our good
Be near, oh God
Be near, oh God of us
Your nearness is to us our good, our good"
~Be Near


Psalm 73:28

How can I sum up most of the month's thoughts in one journal. I know I cannot. Because God is so real, so true. Even Moses' face shine bright after catching a glimpses of God's back. How can you begin to describe such an experience? You cannot. Just like how I cannot describe God presence throughout this month.

I don't get it. With my workload, church, relationship building and family time, I should be completely burnt out. And yes, there were times in the month I felt as though I would. But by God's grace, I made it though, with many lesson learned too.

First of all, God taught me to appreciate the Psalms. Psalms 13, 23, 73, 118, 121, 137, 139, 145... all came alive to me. The Bible, God's love letter to me, comforted me. Thank You, Lord, for letting me speak in the Children Worship in these past two weeks. Preaching on God's Amazing Bible, and the Life Transformation aspect of the Bible. Now I carry my NLT Bible everywhere I go... I feel lost without it.

And Lord, never have I been so excited about going to seminary this September. Even now, I can feel You are preparing me for You good work.

"It is God's way of preparing us in every way, fully equipped for every good thing God wants us to do."
~2 Tim 3:17 NLT


*******

Well, I am going to stop here and call it the night. I know starting tomorrow, my leadership and interpersonal skills will be put to the test. Share more in this area tomorrow.

In His Service,
Joel

No comments: