Houston, Texas. 2005 WFG World Team Annual Convention.
By myself, in line since 8:00am, doors open at 10:00am, and convention begins at 1:00pm. In front of me in the line, the team of Jesse and Jeff Tsao. Somehow, no matter how early I get in line, they are always in front of me.
To pass time, I have God's word through Max Lucado and the Bible in my bag. But I cannot sit still. Thoughts once again overwhelmed my mind. Thoughts of Mark's car accident, thoughts of month's end finances, and thoughts of the salvation of uncle, auntie and grandparents.
Last evening, in a meeting in John's room in preparation of today's convention, Tran informed me of Mark's car accident on his way to Seattle airport. My heart sank. I immediately called Mark and left him a voicemail. Praise God that the occupants of Mark's vehicle are alive aside from some injuries. Another car accident... I broke into tears. Lord, what are you trying to tell me through this series of car accidents since December of last year?
Upon hearing this news, my own burdens and problems seem trivial. An SMS message from sister Alice yesterday was the best advise for times like these.
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight."
~Prov 3:5,6
Just trust in the Lord, and wait for God's words
**************
Aside from these thoughts, I praise God for the coffee house back home on Friday. I learn that we had an attendance of 65, 25 of them newcomers!!! In the end, 2 received salvation. Praise the Lord!!! Let's continue to pray for those who heard God's word and for the growth of the 2 new believes.
By myself, in line since 8:00am, doors open at 10:00am, and convention begins at 1:00pm. In front of me in the line, the team of Jesse and Jeff Tsao. Somehow, no matter how early I get in line, they are always in front of me.
To pass time, I have God's word through Max Lucado and the Bible in my bag. But I cannot sit still. Thoughts once again overwhelmed my mind. Thoughts of Mark's car accident, thoughts of month's end finances, and thoughts of the salvation of uncle, auntie and grandparents.
Last evening, in a meeting in John's room in preparation of today's convention, Tran informed me of Mark's car accident on his way to Seattle airport. My heart sank. I immediately called Mark and left him a voicemail. Praise God that the occupants of Mark's vehicle are alive aside from some injuries. Another car accident... I broke into tears. Lord, what are you trying to tell me through this series of car accidents since December of last year?
Upon hearing this news, my own burdens and problems seem trivial. An SMS message from sister Alice yesterday was the best advise for times like these.
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight."
~Prov 3:5,6
Just trust in the Lord, and wait for God's words
**************
Aside from these thoughts, I praise God for the coffee house back home on Friday. I learn that we had an attendance of 65, 25 of them newcomers!!! In the end, 2 received salvation. Praise the Lord!!! Let's continue to pray for those who heard God's word and for the growth of the 2 new believes.
No comments:
Post a Comment