Friday, August 11

An Update on Catherine

As you have read in my post last Monday, Catherine lost her two first teeth while playing softball two Saturdays ago. Thank you to all who have prayed for Catherine, here is an update to her situation:

I saw the dentist last Thursday before I left for Hong Kong. The dentist explained all possible options with me.

The first option is to have
- An implanted tooth for the totally missing tooth #21
- Root Canal Therapy, "Post and Core" + crown for the half fractured tooth #12
- Root Canal Therapy and a crown for the re-inserted tooth #11, which is half dead (IF the tooth is not rejected).

The second option is to have three implanted teeth.
- An implanted tooth for the totally missing tooth #21
- Extract the half fracture tooth #12 and put in an implanted tooth instead
- Extract the half-dead tooth #11 and put in an implanted tooth instead

> 1) Have you figured out you are going to do yet?

To your question (1): I do prefer the second option since it is a lot better in the long run for different reasons that I won't talk about here lest this e- mail becomes too long for you! :) But to put it simply, the reason is that I really do LOVE smiling and these are my front teeth, which I'll have to live and smile with for the next 50-60 years of my life, the Lord willing. :)

> 2) Would you know if you are covered for it?

To your question (2): Currently, I do not have any dental insurance for myself. I've read your part about CCSA's "secondary insurance". I am just wondering how it works when the person like me has no primary insurance.

Meanwhile, I am going back to school in September at Seneca College. Last week, Chris Wong has called Seneca and asked them about my student dental plan -- Seneca said it will cover only up to $500 maximum.

> 3) Do you have any idea how much will it cost?

To your question (3): This is the range. The first option (above) comes up to CAD $7000 in total. The second option, the one that I prefer, actually goes above CAD $11,100 in total.

Please continue to pray for Cat, for her recovery, financial planning and everything else. Thank you.

No comments: