Today I spent the whole day at Tyndale: working and meeting up with people. This week is the transition in focus from my summer intern at Logos to my second year at Tyndale. First, I met with Chris, my IT/AV supervisor, to plan for workload and schedule for the coming school year. Praise God, I am schedule for a maximium 20 hours a week of work, not too much to overwhelm me yet enough to help pay for bills. Also my week nights and weekend are still free for church ministries. Thank you, Lord, for Your providence and your grace. Thank you for sustaining my life.
Afterwards, I met with Sonya, the VP of this year's student council. We shared with each other how God has brought us to this point our respective lives. It was during this sharing that a realization dawned on me. In regards to feeling a turning point in my life without any physical changes, from talking and praying with Sonya I realized there was a change. Along with the growth of leadership I mentioned yesterday, there was a change in my heart - or a better way to put it, a confirmation in my heart.
My heart for China. For years I have fought the idea that mom was right about my calling is for China. But after this past mission trip, I cannot denied that anymore. My heart for China has changed... I have fallen in love with China. Therefore, the final three years at Tyndale, my years of service at Logos, my courtship with Jenny, my relationship with my family, it will all point to the plan Christ has for me in China.
"He gives and takes away." This growth process will not be easy, He will pour out His blessings on me and He will take away things that are close to my heart too. Lord, give me the faith to trust in Your perfect plans.
No comments:
Post a Comment