I felt really bad today, I let my emotion get the better of me. It was suppose to be a lighter day for me because I didn't have to preach. All I had to was to lead singing and help support Freda as she preached. Yet a few kid refuse to join the group and listen to the sermon got me frustrated.
Then there was soccer. When the kids refuse to do drills should not have surprised me... because when I was their age I thought I was a good soccer player too and there's no need for drills nor practice. But when they refuse to listen to Terry and I and a better kids gang up together and formed their own team that's when I pushed me over the edge. It was non stop whining and complaining. And because it was a hot and sunny day, I felt that the 1 hour long soccer session becoming unsafe for the kids. So after 45 minutes I rounded them up and send them inside to rest... of course I was treated with a shower of complains.No, I did not get angry... just extremely frustrated. I took the volleyball and began doing my spiking drill against the wall to let out some frustration. Being the only adult at the camp at that time, I must apologize to the helpers that I should not have let me frustration show. Thank God the senior group came back from bowling on time and I was able to retreat to the teacher's lounge and put on my ipod.
The afternoon was much better. I regained my composure during lunch and I had a blast leading the kids in games. 1 hours of outdoor games and not a single complaint. Praise God.I cannot let the little things frustrate me... remain still and listen to the prompting of the Holy Spirit.
Have to preach tomorrow... time to get cracking and finish the sermon plan.
No comments:
Post a Comment