Monday, August 21

12 Years Longer Than the National Average

"19Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body." ~1 Corinthians 6:19-20

After a conversation with someone, I had a over last week I had a weird brainwave. I check the Canadian national life expectancy on Stats Can, did a little math and realized I should aim to live 12 years longer than the national average. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 echo through my mind and I should honour God by taking care of my body.

This coincide with the physical examination today, to ensure Joel is healthy. I an glad Dr. Chu is my family doctor. He was very thorough in the examination, which took about an hour long. And he also included the digital examination. The sound of the snap of the latex gloves strikes fear in any man... I must remind myself I am honouring God by taking care of my body.

Oh, one last thing, thank God for lead aprons!

No comments: