
With the kid's presentation of Be My Guest, this concludes the 5 days Arts and Sports Camp. The kids were awesome, I'm so proud of them. I bet their parents are even more proud. Before the beginning of this week, I have no idea what kind of responsibilities are in my hand. To raise up these kids to children of God, and to aid them to discover the talents God has given them. On the first day, many of the boys were protesting the skits and dance portion of the camp, but by this evening they were stars!
Yes, I am tired. And so are the helpers. I don't remember another time in my life I was this exhausted. As soon as the kids left, I passed out laying on the stage of the chapel. My back ached and my left knee spasmed. I had to lie down through the Friday night program. And as soon as the evening program was over, I had to take a nap before I dare to drive home. But I know, by the next morning God will renew my strength. All this tireness is just temporary compared to the everlasting work done in the lives of the kids. And maybe in the future, one of these little ones will be counseling my own kids. (Scary thought right now, but I trust God's work in each of these kids)

As for the helpers, I'm so proud of them too. They surprised me by how much they grew over the last few days. They are slowly becoming great servant of Christ. They are the best! Odette, Vanna, Niki, Sam, Joel and Olvie, so much potential in their young age, surely God will continue to build them up. Leanne, Vickie and Gabriel, what can I say, their creativity never cease to amaze me. And there's always Hilda, Kasey and Sabrina, their quiet calmness were a blessing when working with the kids. I'm am excite to shepherd this group of young people.
No comments:
Post a Comment