Wednesday, August 16

Arts and Sports Camp - Day 3

I am covered with toilet water...

Supposedly we were to have 2 hours of soccer & games outside today with the Sr. kids while the Jr. kids were out playing mini-golf. No soccer teacher Terry today, so just me, some helper and too many kids.

I was doing my best to hold their attention while leading games but they were so eager to play soccer that all the boys were restless. So, after a short attempt to lead them in warm-ups and soccer drills, they began their soccer game while I provided skipping ropes for the girls. Well, that was good for about 15 minutes. The burning afternoon sun quickly tired them out and we were in search for another activity. And since it is a warm Wednesday afternoon, what's better than a water fight?

Well, the water fight WAS refreshing... until some kids had the bright idea that the tap took too long and the toilet bowl was a quicker option for a source of water... and the rest was, as they say, history...

Today was awesome! I was pumped this morning to serve the kids, and I started the day with high energy. Praise God, between singing and the sermon I was able to keep the kids occupied for an whole hour. Isaiah 40:29-31 came to mind as my sermon topic was on Elijah and his 40 days marathon in 1 King 19:1-11.

"29 He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.

30 Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;

31 but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint."

~Isaiah 40:29-31

As we approach the halfway point of the camp, I warn the helpers the dangers of hitting "the wall". Where the sudden exhaustion and tiredness overwhelms you... similar to about the 30km mark in a marathon. But it is the Lord who gives us strength. He will feed us and lift us up. And we must run with the goal in our mind.

*******
Please pray for the helpers... this bunch of awesome helpers poured all their energy into the kids over the past three days, they are the best. Praise God!!! But now they are getting tired. Pray that God will renew their strength tonight as they rest.

Here is the list of helpers:
Gabriel, Joel, Kasey, Leanne, Niki, Odette, Olvie, Sam, Sabrina, Vanna and Vickie

Also pray for Pastor Freda as she prepares her message for the kids tomorrow. Lastly, though energy-wise I am doing okay, pray for me for I am developing a headache. Thanks. Love you all!

No comments: