Monday, July 31

Thank God the a day of rest

Monday is a pastor's Sabbath.  I thank God every minute of Sabbath.

I just had one of the most intense weekend I can remember.  Friday night: preach on worship.  Saturday: coach a softball game, take part in VBS leaders training, and R&R at Genuine's house for our Birthday.  Sunday: preach, setup church for special evening program, coach another softball game, then take care of kids in the evening.

At first, I didn't think it would difficult.  Sunday's sermon prepared by Tuesday, Friday's message was ready by Thursday.  Movie and popcorn for the kids.  Lineups for the softball games are good to go.  The only thing to worry about is how I should relax with the guys at Genuine's place.  

That was the plan until Saturday afternoon, top of the 2nd inning in the softball game.  No outs.  I played Catherine in Left Rover, a position usually played by Clara or Sun-Ching but Clara was not dressed for the game.  A routine fly ball right to Catherine, however the ball slipped underneath her glove and hit her in the face with a horrible CRACK!  When I saw the blood gush out of her mouth and nose we rushed out of the dugout.  I was praying under my breath that nothing was broken.  However my worst fears was confirmed when we realized she lost her two front teeth.  

I drove Catherine and Chris to the hospital.  Thank God Chris was there.  I could not imagine the shock that is going on in her mind, but at least the comfort of her boyfriend was there.  I saw her entered the operating room, and I had to leave for church.  Later I learn that she was in surgery for 4 hours.  And the team was pretty shaken by the incident.  Pray for Catherine.

Yesterday, even with the incident fresh on my mind, the sermon when pretty well.  I received many encouraging feedbacks from the congregation.  What caught me by surprise was when I broke into tears telling Eric Liddell's missionary story in China.  God is really putting China in my heart, I cannot denie it.  And I vowed in Vietnam that I would learn Mandarin before moving on to the next stage in my life.  

After the sermon, I was complete exhausted.  Thank God for the softball which some how re-energized me for the kids last night.  The kids were draining, especially play keep away with the soccer ball against 10 kids, but with the help of Olvie and Helena we made it through the night.  I'm also glad that Olvie and Helena was able to help, giving the university age helpers a much needed break.  And I cannot believe 20 kids demolished 9 bags of popcorn.

Today I look forward to this day of rest.  Good night.  :P

No comments: