Friday, July 21

Legacy

This is funny.  Ever since my sermon on Abraham last Sunday, I have heard 2 more sermons on Abraham.  Jokingly, I've been saying that God must have thought my sermon sucked, so this is HOW is should haven't been done.  Maybe.  Well, I know there is still a lot I have to learn, so it was helpful to hear other's preach on the same topic while my sermon is still fresh on my mind.

Or another reason is God has something very important I need to learn...

A question that echoed on my mind while I was in Hong Kong was "What sort of legacy do I want to leave?"  My first reaction was a quote I learned during the mission trip.

"Live so thatyou will be forgotten, and Christ will be remembered."
~Dixon Hoste


"What is my passion?"  God turns passion and vision into a legacy.

I want to see God's Word be proclaimed in the ends of the earth.  To do so my raising up a generation of young people to proclaim His Word.  Yet, God challenged me even further, along with a promise.  God is definately building my character to be fit for His plan.  Yet, what God said to my on Wednesday night was that I am only one servent, just like Abraham was only one person.  However, Abraham became the father of nations.  And he is MY father, my spiritual father.  And God is nudging me to follow Abraham example. 

I've always jokingly say that I want enough kids to field a soccer team, but now the soccer team does not excite me as much as a team of missionaries.  Just like how Abraham set an example for Isaac during his trial from God, I pray that God will begin to equip me to be a father that will encourage my future kids to carry God's Words to the end of the earth. 

That is the legacy I want to leave...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.