When I was young, my favorite toy was my microscope. (Yes, I'm a nerd) I love to collect different things and plop it on a slide and watch it under 1000x magnification. I remember from the water I collected from a pond, a whole new world that was teeming with life came into view under the microscope. Watching the little creature swimming around in their little world. The microorganism went about doing their business, not aware of my prying eyes observing their every move.
In God's eyes, we are too His little creatures. Most of the time we are not aware of Him watching us. We watches us through His heavenly microscope lenses so powerful that can even count the number of hairs on our head. But then, imagine, one day while our Heavenly Father was observing us and noticing us struggling and ill in our little world of mirky pond water. He calls His Beloved Son over, and points to you saying, "Son, I want You to go and save this one. No, not with our surgical tools, but You go into that mirky water, become one of them, and die for this little one."
Yes, I love to observe all the wonder microorganisms under the microscope, but to die for one?!? Let alone jump into the pond I collected the water from? No way. But, this is what His Beloved Son said:
"Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done."
~Luke 22:42
Then He took off His heavenly robe, dived into the mirky waters, put on our sin infested clothes and a crown of thorns, stretched out His arms and died for you in love. Imagine the sacrifice, on the part of both Father and Son. For a Father who so love to watch us under the microscope, He too was in too much pain to watch at that moment. But in result, we are given an invitation to swim in the prestine heavenly waters for eternity.
As we learn our lessons in faith, remember this. God the Father loves to watch us in His mircoscope, even when you are not aware of Him watching. There is only one moment in time when He turned His eyes away from our little world, when His own Son died for us. And when He sees us struggling, He'd sent His own Son into our world to save us, let alone the Holy Spirit and heavenly angels. So fear not, and have faith in His perfect will.
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
~Deut 31:6
*******
Funny how as I pour my thought down on paper for the Lord, the Lord leads me to write something completely different from what I intented to. But thank God for painting such a beautiful picture of Your love.
What I really wanted to write about was not only God is watching me under His microscope, but as God continues to call me and shape me into His tool, other people are watching me under their microscope. I first felt this heat several months ago when because of miscommunication rides were not probably arranged for the Good Friday's service. It was no one's fault in particular, just simple miscommunication and misunderstanding. However, as the chairperson of the English congragation I took the heat from some of the non-believing parents. Then over the last few months, especially with the public declaration of my intent to attend seminary, I am becoming more aware of the eyes watching my every move -- from people at church, at the office, friends and family.
It can be very uncomfortable at times, especially when I know someone will be analyzing my every action. But thank God, for putting me in this enviroment where I am constantly kept accountable for all my actions. Also thank God for preparing me for this scrutiny through my transparency in my journal. And I know God will deliver me from the pressure and fears of the prying eyes.
"I sought the LORD, and he answered me;
he delivered me from all my fears."
~Ps 34:4
No comments:
Post a Comment