What a week!
Sorry to those who are keeping me accountable through these journals; for the lack of updates. I had reasons to step back from journaling online, I will explain further tomorrow. But without further adue, lemme update you all what happened this past week.
Over the last week, I held an evangelistic training camp at the church, called Show N' Tell. I do not wish to boast, and this is not the intention of this entry. To be honest, everything that happened this week, I did not but my fair share of work to make this week possible. But come to thing about it, I am just glad the God was willing to work with me in this project. He could have done it all by Himself, but He decided to let me help a little. Thanks You, Lord.
Thanks to Candy and Genuine's card for their words of encouragement. In the planning of Show N' Tell, there were times I wanted to give up. Even up to the week before last week, I had doubts. Kids are not yet off school, I don't have training materials... I didn't know how many kids will attend. But I was reminded of Theresa's sacrifice, how she two months in advance took the week off work, just so that she could help in the evangelistic training week. Along with an encouraging phone call from Candy, I was encouraged to press on. Thank God for placing brothers and sisters along side to encourage and support me.
In regards of the training material, with the help of Rev. Lau, Rev. Thumb and Theresa, I did not have much to worry about. I was amazing how God just dropped everything He wanted on my lap. To be honest, I did not do much planning. God provided the speakers, God provided the videos, God provided the devotional materials, God provided the opportunity to serve at Scott Missions... planning was the easy part. The moment of truth was did I have the faith to believe God will provide the attendees.
I realized how little faith I had, even on Sunday night, I did not believe many high school students will attend. But I learn how God will always provide for His plans. Thoughout Sunday night, Winnie, Leanne and Natasha called me to ask for a ride to the church in the morning. The three girls became the backbone of the week. As I shared with Theresa on Tuesday morning devotions that I did not doubt people will attend, one by one people arrived to church. On average we had 10 attendees per day.
With the program set and people present, I did not doubt anything about this week anymore. The experience at Hillcrest Mall, Scott Missions and sandwich run in downtown was amazing. I could see the kids eyes open, and the opportunity to experience urban missions right in Toronto. I was excited to heard from Stephan that this past week was one of his most memorable experience this year. Praise God for opening a whole new mission opportunity for the kids.
Last but not least thanks to Olwen and Olga's family for opening their house for me to stay over when there was a power outage at the church. Eventhough I love the experience of staying over at the church by myself, reminded me of Samuel and his stay at the temple of God, but being alone at the church without power will be too much to bear. Plus the bed is a more relaxing alternative to the hard pews are the church.
But now, I'm glad to be once again in my own bed after the long week. I looking forward to my rest. Good night.
Sorry to those who are keeping me accountable through these journals; for the lack of updates. I had reasons to step back from journaling online, I will explain further tomorrow. But without further adue, lemme update you all what happened this past week.
Over the last week, I held an evangelistic training camp at the church, called Show N' Tell. I do not wish to boast, and this is not the intention of this entry. To be honest, everything that happened this week, I did not but my fair share of work to make this week possible. But come to thing about it, I am just glad the God was willing to work with me in this project. He could have done it all by Himself, but He decided to let me help a little. Thanks You, Lord.
Thanks to Candy and Genuine's card for their words of encouragement. In the planning of Show N' Tell, there were times I wanted to give up. Even up to the week before last week, I had doubts. Kids are not yet off school, I don't have training materials... I didn't know how many kids will attend. But I was reminded of Theresa's sacrifice, how she two months in advance took the week off work, just so that she could help in the evangelistic training week. Along with an encouraging phone call from Candy, I was encouraged to press on. Thank God for placing brothers and sisters along side to encourage and support me.
In regards of the training material, with the help of Rev. Lau, Rev. Thumb and Theresa, I did not have much to worry about. I was amazing how God just dropped everything He wanted on my lap. To be honest, I did not do much planning. God provided the speakers, God provided the videos, God provided the devotional materials, God provided the opportunity to serve at Scott Missions... planning was the easy part. The moment of truth was did I have the faith to believe God will provide the attendees.
I realized how little faith I had, even on Sunday night, I did not believe many high school students will attend. But I learn how God will always provide for His plans. Thoughout Sunday night, Winnie, Leanne and Natasha called me to ask for a ride to the church in the morning. The three girls became the backbone of the week. As I shared with Theresa on Tuesday morning devotions that I did not doubt people will attend, one by one people arrived to church. On average we had 10 attendees per day.
With the program set and people present, I did not doubt anything about this week anymore. The experience at Hillcrest Mall, Scott Missions and sandwich run in downtown was amazing. I could see the kids eyes open, and the opportunity to experience urban missions right in Toronto. I was excited to heard from Stephan that this past week was one of his most memorable experience this year. Praise God for opening a whole new mission opportunity for the kids.
Last but not least thanks to Olwen and Olga's family for opening their house for me to stay over when there was a power outage at the church. Eventhough I love the experience of staying over at the church by myself, reminded me of Samuel and his stay at the temple of God, but being alone at the church without power will be too much to bear. Plus the bed is a more relaxing alternative to the hard pews are the church.
But now, I'm glad to be once again in my own bed after the long week. I looking forward to my rest. Good night.
No comments:
Post a Comment