Humility, n 1: a disposition to be humble; a lack of false pride
A lack of false pride. What better way to describe the lesson God is teaching me recently -- lessons in humility and obedience. God spoke to me through Ed Silvoso's Anointed for Business:
"It is not your strength that I am after, it is your obedience"
How much truth is in that phrase?
We tend to take pride in what we are good at. The misconception is that we are definited by our strengths, and we are encouraged to use these gifts God has given us. On the shirt daddy gave me for my baptism, is says:
"You life is a gift from God, what you do with it is your gift to God."
So with that, I was encouraged to execise my strengths in service to God. However, I realized that the danger in that is I would easily take pride in my strengths -- in what I was good at. So what God did was to give me a wake up call. He basically said to me that it does not matter to Him what my gifts are. I baffled be for a few days, until finally God reveiled the trust to me.
My strengths, He's the one who gave them to me. So Father knows all about my strength and what I am capable (or not capable) of. So in that sense, He does not care about my strengths. Therefore, there is nothing to take pride in, for such pride is a false pride.
All that matters to God is our obedience. God gave me the tools and gifts to carry out His work on earth, to bring the Kingdom of God here on earth. It is my part to use these strength for His glory.
A lack of false pride. What better way to describe the lesson God is teaching me recently -- lessons in humility and obedience. God spoke to me through Ed Silvoso's Anointed for Business:
"It is not your strength that I am after, it is your obedience"
How much truth is in that phrase?
We tend to take pride in what we are good at. The misconception is that we are definited by our strengths, and we are encouraged to use these gifts God has given us. On the shirt daddy gave me for my baptism, is says:
"You life is a gift from God, what you do with it is your gift to God."
So with that, I was encouraged to execise my strengths in service to God. However, I realized that the danger in that is I would easily take pride in my strengths -- in what I was good at. So what God did was to give me a wake up call. He basically said to me that it does not matter to Him what my gifts are. I baffled be for a few days, until finally God reveiled the trust to me.
My strengths, He's the one who gave them to me. So Father knows all about my strength and what I am capable (or not capable) of. So in that sense, He does not care about my strengths. Therefore, there is nothing to take pride in, for such pride is a false pride.
All that matters to God is our obedience. God gave me the tools and gifts to carry out His work on earth, to bring the Kingdom of God here on earth. It is my part to use these strength for His glory.
No comments:
Post a Comment