Here we go again. The flight to Las Vegas. I should be sleeping, tired from the hour I spent on my bike today. But cannot sleep, thoughts racing through my mind. It must be a habit I’m developing, pouring my thoughts into my journal on route to Vegas. I just spent some time flipping through my entries from last year’s flight to Vegas. What a different mindset I am in compared to last year. Last year, I was tired, burnt out, looking forward to go to Vegas to get away. This year, for some reason, I am not in a mood to go.
I will be absolutely honest. Over the past two days, I’m feeling week – spiritually. It must be the crash from last week adrenaline rush at Show N’ Tell. From a week of advance the kingdom of God, to a week in “sin-city”. Well, I would be lying if I said I do not want to go to Vegas at all, but I do miss my church and the fellowship of brothers and sisters. Such mixed feelings, for some reason I feel that mental and spiritually I am just not ready for Vegas.
Especially when God suddenly open a door for me to go back to Hong Kong in August. Mom found a flight for $1400, $900 cheaper than what we previously found. But how would a trip to Hong Kong affect my summer. 2 things I learned from Show N’ Tell. 1) Never to doubt God. If it is His plan, He will make things happen one way or another. 2) Don’t worry about results, God determines the results, our part is obedience,
So, what does all this mean? Obedience. No matter how big the task, if it is God’s will, it will happen. I just have to do my part in obedience. Do my part in obedience… God is not calling me to sit with my arms cross and let him do His part. He’s inviting me to be part of the action – part of His miracles. But just like Show N’ Tell, that means hard work, discipline, and perseverance.
No comments:
Post a Comment