Friday morning, 4:15am. Outside of Grand Garden Arena, MGM Grand, lining up for the day’s conference. Well, it is not really lining up when you are the only person in line. This is funny, but in the buzzing city of Las Vegas this is the place where I find the most peace – a peace that was lacking all week so far.
To be absolutely honest, this year in Las Vegas, I am not having a blast. It is not that I am not excited. In fact, I must admit that one have to be pretty excited to line up for a conference at 4:15 in the morning. Every morning, I’ve been so looking forward to the day that I’ve been up at 6:00 the past two mornings and 3:45 this morning. The reason why I am not enjoying my stay is because of the injury to my left foot. According to Dr. Robert, because of the flat sandals all morning Wednesday the arch was not properly supported. In result was a pull of the tendon on along the top of my left foot. The advice Dr. Robert gave me was to loosen the laces of my left shoe. It is pretty immobilizing, every step I take sends pain up my leg. And bearing this pain all day long is pretty taxing on the mind.
Sorry Lord, I have not been a good witness. With the pain in my foot my focus been on myself, I have lost the “saltiness” in my life. I became bitter, complaining about everything – from the hotel to everything else around me.
Thank You, Lord, for speaking to my in devotions. “Come to Me, and I will give you rest.” Rest – that is exactly what I needed. God cannot work with an angry Christian. Eph 4:26-27 I was allowing Satan to slip into my walk and controlling my life. I needed to come to God.
No comments:
Post a Comment