Tuesday, July 5

Ride the Good Race

I've been bad. Eyes glued to the TV again whenever I have the chance. But I cannot help it, it's July. It's the Tour de France. Yellow jersey, the sprints, the climbs, the teamwork, and the perserverance. 3500km, 20 days. As I am typing this, I have the updates of the stage 4 TTT in the other window. At 2nd time check, Team Discovery Channel is trailing Team CSC by 6". Armstrong and his team should be crossing the finishing line in any minute now. Hope they can make up the 6".

It is amazing that a group of 9 riders can achieve an average speed of over 55km/hr over 67.5km. That's as fast as I drive my car in the city. That why I love watching (and participating in) cycling. At first glance, it seems like a individual sport. But no individual can maintain speeds of 55+km/hr over 67.5km. It's all about team work. Throughout the tour, Team Discovery Channel rides around Armstrong to break the wind for him, to protect him and to chase down breakaway for him for one purpose, to gain and keep the yellow jersey on Armstrong's back.

Come to think about it, if Paul were to live in the modern time and wrote the epistlos again, I think he would of wrote about cycling instead. :P

Paul often talked about running the good race -- with perservence and in such a way as to get the prize. (1 Cor 9:24, Heb 12:1) But in 1 Thessalonians and throughout his letters, he mentioned that the Christian walk is about teamwork too.

" Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing."
~1 Th. 5:11


So just like in the Tour de France, living the Christian walk it's about personal perservance and hardwork, but also brothers and sisters in Christ has to work as a team, to keep the pure white clothes Christ has clothed us with. Handing onto this holiness without letting go. Ultimately, only Christ can clothes us in His holiness, it is our duty to obey His will. But praise be to God, He surrounds us with brothers and sisters on our Christian bike ride. :)

Stage 4 is over, Team CSC just crossed the finish line, 2" behind Team Discovery Channel. YEAH!!! Wow, what a close race! That means Lance Armstrong will take the yellow jersey for stage 5.

No comments: