Investigate my life, O God,
find out everything about me;
Cross-examine and test me,
get a clear picture of what I'm about;
See for yourself whether I've done anything wrong—
then guide me on the road to eternal life.
~Ps 139:23-24 (The Message)

I waited patiently for the LORD;
he turned to me and heard my cry.He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand.~Ps 40:1,2 (NIV)
Yet the Lord lifted me out of the slimy pit, cleaned me up, and wrapped a royal robe around me. How can it be? Thank you Lord. What else can I do be to sing your praise?
This song has been in my mind for the past month, ever since the CD came out and arrived at our student council office. What line that touched me the most is "And though the storms may come//I am holding on//To the rock I cling" So Joel's metamorphosis continues... from Joel the Malleable to Joel the Barnacle. No point in being willing to be pounded my God without doing in return but to lie there and wait for the Lord to pick me up. Like the barnacle, I will still endure the waves and pounding of life, but in the meantime, cling on to God.How Can I Keep From Singing Lyrics
By Chris TomlinThere is an endless song
Echoes in my soul
I hear the music ring
And though the storms may come
I am holding on
To the rock I cling
How can I keep from singing Your praise
How can I ever say enough
How amazing is Your love
How can I keep from shouting Your name
I know I am loved by the King
And it makes my heart want to sing
I will lift my eyes
In the darkest night
For I know my Savior lives
And I will walk with You
Knowing You'll see me through
And sing the songs You give
I can sing in the troubled times
Sing when I win
I can sing when I lose my step
And fall down again
I can sing 'cause You pick me up
Sing 'cause You're there
I can sing 'cause You hear me, Lord
When I call to You in prayer
I can sing with my last breath
Sing for I know
That I'll sing with the angels
No comments:
Post a Comment