"Life story triumphs over love story."~Louie Giglio, Feb 08/2005, My Really Bad Date Series: Part 1 (It's not you, it's me)
Today Rev Lau and I had our weekly chat. I arrived in his office with a question in regards to next Sunday's sermon. Thanks to God for His Spirit in guiding us through another insightful conversation. This is an hour and a half I look forward to every week. :)
In the end, the conversation led to our outlook into the future. My future is something I had been avoid thinking about. The next 2.5 years is a given, my #1 priority is to complete my M.Div. Afterwards, it is up in the air. The mission field? I dunno, maybe I should have some pastoral experience under my belt first. And beside, how can I run off to the global missions while the local missions is still not addressed. So the next question is, Toronto or else where?
My ministry had just begun at LBC (York Region). And according to Bill Hybels, it takes two years before the effectiveness of one's ministry begins. As I continue my studies and continue my ministry at York, I am actually securing my future job. But, there are so many variables... of one, my heart is tugging at me.
Like in a chess game, I do have to think and plan out my next moves. But from what I learn on my mission trip, we need to do our part to plan, but ultimately we need to be flexible enough to allow room for God to change our plans.
All in all, my heart is in a emotional tug-o-war. Every fiber of my body screams Vancouver, but my logic tells me otherwise.
It is funny though how God can deliver a message. As I was sharing with the high school boys and girls a session on dating and relationship. We were watching part 1 of 722 "my really bad dates" series. The last point in Louie's message was "life story triumphs over love story". What is God's life story for me? How would my life story interact and intertwine with my significant other's life story? And if I let God work in our life stories, I can trust that He will write us a love story.
No comments:
Post a Comment