After Sunday lunch yesterday, I was driving home with dad. Our conversation led to the relocation of Star Ferry pier in Central. http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/afp_asiapacific/view/240719/1/.html
Childhood memories... I always associated the Star Ferry pier in Central with visits to grandma and grandpa in Wah Fu village. After the ferry ride across the Victoria Harbour, we would than bus from Central to Wah Fu.
And more recently, I have collected new memories of the Star Ferry pier. During my Hong Kong visit in May and July, I would wait at the Star Ferry pier for Jenny, if not riding the ferry together, before and after church.
I still remember the joy on Mike's face after teaching him how to take the ferry, thus saving him a few dollars on his journey across the harbour.
But alas, that is no more. On my next visit to HK, the old pier is gone, replaced by the new pier. I guess the feeling would be very much similar to when I found out how the Hung Hum pier is so different now. And this time back in HK, I didn't even dare to venture into North Point. 4 years ago learning about where grandma (por por) used to live is about to be torn down, I cannot imagine how it would look like now.
No comments:
Post a Comment