Tuesday, November 28

Bruised Ribs

What a weird volleyball practice yesterday. Maybe it is the Monday after a tournament over the weekend. The energy level was low to begin with, but with the hitting drill the excitement picked up. The ladies did a great job learning the left and right tandem attacks, the other teams are in for a surprise this weekend.

During scrimmage to wrap up the practice, everyone was acting silly and we felt we were actually giving a bad name to volleyball. But it as a good practice in calling plays in game situations. During one play, Sam called "quick" for me, and just for fun, he called a "pipe" and an "A" for the back row. So after the pass, I ran right up next to Sam to approach the "quick" hit. But in the last moment, Sam decided to set "pipe". Generally, that would not matter, but in the instance, in order to push the ball to the back row Sam stuck his butt out. This cause me to crash into him, jabbing my own elbow into my ribs, complete knocking the wind out of me. Hahaha...

I vaguely remember the last time I had the wind knocked out, it was a long time ago while playing soccer. This time, all I could do is to fall on the floor gasping for air as the play continued. Well, at least I now have a nice bruised rib as a souvenir. :P

All this talk about ribs, it's making me hungry.... mmmmm.... ribs.

No comments: