Friday, December 1

I don't want a slip-disc

During physiotherapy yesterday, the assigned me a new massage therapist. I cannot remember his name, but we did have a good conversation during my therapy. Through our conversation, I told him I was a M.Div student. To that in reply he said he has been to church in the early 90's. But sensing the awkwardness of his tone of voice, I decided to ask some non-intrusive questions (ie "what brought you to church?" and "what did you think?") He told me that he is into recording and he was looking for a few gospel singers for a project. At that, we clicked. Chatting about recording and studio work, in attempt to put him at ease.

I pray that next week I'll have the chance to continue our conversation.

He also explained to me to complications of my tight hamstring and calf muscles. He tool me that the tightness of my muscles will put stress on my pelvis, tilting back and in turn pulling on my lumbar. The result of this will be the straightening of my lumbar arch, thus applying pressure to my intervertebral discs and increasing the risk of slip-discs. I don't want slip-discs... so time to do my stretches.

No comments: