"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."Now that this past term is done... time to celebrate. Time to relax. Time to relax. But best of all, Jenny will be in town tomorrow and we'll get to Christmas together. When we said our goodbyes back in Hong Kong International Airport this past July, December seem so far away. And in a blink of an eye, that day it tomorrow.
~Phil 4:8
But in the mist of all the excitement, I must remember the challenges and growth opportunities ahead. There will be times where emotions will run wild, but don't mine me saying again:
Above all else, guard your heart,Think about what's true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent and praise worthy.
for it is the wellspring of life.
~Proverbs 4:23
I would like to revisit the notion, what is love? Not the worldly notion of love, but God glorifying love. Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable. The challenge is to keep these things in mind for the next two weeks.
Last but not least, Candy, thank you for all your prayer. And with your daily prayers, I will keep my word and we will celebrate when you return from England.
One more thing, I thought this while I was driving. Even though I'm going to take these few weeks as a challenge and an opportunity to grow from God, and I must not let my guard down, this should not stop me from having fun in the Lord. Not to hang my head low because of a challenge and trials, but to "Rejoice in the Lord always" (Phil 4:4).
No comments:
Post a Comment