Rev Lau said to me many many times, in order to connect with God, we must first connect with ourselves. And I guess over the last week I am learning how to connect with myself. Thank God for Kaarina, during a break from work I was able to hop into Kaarina's office to share with her what's on my mind. Thank God for the time of prayer and for the encouragement You have spoken through her.
I have a type-A personality. Go! Go! Go! I like to carry a full plate. And I rely on my wits and efficient to get me out of various situations. I'm usually composed, calm, and acts as though things are under control while in my mind I am sorting through the chaos. Over the past few years, I learn to accept that there are time things are not under my control so I learn to take things as they come.
What does this have to do with anything?
I am beginning to see how I usually rely on my strength to get myself out of trouble. And I have learned over the last year that the source of my strength is from the Lord. And when things are out of my control, I'd say I'll have "faith" in the Lord. But this week showed me that at time I seek the source of faith in myself.
The Message Luke 17:5The apostles came up and said to the Master, "Give us more faith."6But the Master said, "You don't need more faith. There is no 'more' or 'less' in faith. If you have a bare kernel of faith, say the size of a poppy seed, you could say to this sycamore tree, 'Go jump in the lake,' and it would do it.
The is no 'more' or 'less' in faith. Faith comes from God, and all we need is faith as small a mustard seed. "Joel, stop relying on yourself. Ground your faith in the Lord. And let His will be done through you."
No comments:
Post a Comment