Uh oh, someone was not happy about my last post. :P Hey, 39 more days, I count that as a blessings.
******
A week since my accident, I'm still counting my blessings. The adjuster from the insurance company called me this morning, praise God, the insurance has settled. I am not at fault. I get to stay in my rental 2006 Civic, I get to continue my physio treatments, and they will begin work on my car.
The physiotherapy are going wonders for my back. I definitely cannot complain about the massage therapy, the chiropractor cracking my back, and the electro-shock treatments. By back is feeling better everyday, and it might even be better than before. :D Plus the stretching program should help my range of motion, and finally loosen up my hamstrings and back muscles. It's like I get the point when every therapist I meet comments about my tight hamstrings and back muscles.
I should find some time to take part in the gym's yoga classes again. I remember I used to really enjoy it when used to take part in the yoga classes at the gym before work.
One thing I am learning about myself is how much I suppress pain. When Dr. Vivian asked me how much my back hurts on a scale from 1 - 10, I replied "3". Even though at times it really bothers me. She looked at me with a funny look, and finally I said it is more like "5". I always though to suppress pains and hurts is a strength, but I'm beginning to see that I need learn to express these sorrows and pains so that it does not build up. I need to learn to use my escape valve, to let some stream out. In the past it has been sports... but I must admit, my body is not as durable as it used to be. The stains and pulls takes longer to heal. I need to learn to open my mouth. I think walking into Kaarina's office yesterday was a huge step for me. And I think writing on this blog has been helping me connect with myself.
Thanks for reading my random ramblings.
No comments:
Post a Comment