Friday, January 13

Want to Pray

Isaiah 30:15-16a (NRSV)
For thus said the Lord GOD, the Holy One of Israel: In returning and rest you shall be saved; in quietness and in trust shall be your strength. But you refused and said, "No! We will flee upon horses"

After preparing my schedule last night, I realized that my weeknights for the next 2 months are completely filled.

Monday
8:30 - 11:30a Elementary Greek II
1:00 - 4:00p Spiritual Formation
6:00 - 10:00p AV work - Lecture Recording - Phillipians

Tuesday
11:45 - 12:45p Chapel
12:45 - 4:00p AV work - Leacture Recording - Church History II
4:45 - 10:00p IT work (until department hires another staff for Tuesday night)
9:00 - 11:00p Coach - Women's Volleyball

Wednesday
8:30 - 11:30a Systematic Theology II
5:00 - 7:00p Tutor Kenneth in Chemistry and Math
*The only night that I can go home for dinner :(

Thursday
10:00 - 11:00a AV work - Chapel
12:00 - 1:00p IT work
2:30 - 5:00p Coach - Women's Volleyball
5:00 - 10:00p IT work

Friday
1:00 - 5:00p Church office
7:00 - 10:00p Fellowship

On the bright side is that when the volleyball season is over in March, I reclaim my Tuesday nights for time with family.

Because of this schedule, I have to remember not to "flee on horses". I need to develope an attitude to "want to pray". So every morning, I am adding on more task on my schedule:

6:45 - 7:15a God


Prayer Is the Soul's Sincere Desire
by James Montgomery

Prayer is the soul's sincere desire,
Unuttered or expressed;
The motion of a hidden fire,
That trembles in the breast.

Prayer is the burden of a sigh;
The falling of a tear;
The upward glancing of an eye,
When none but God is near.

Prayer is the simplest form of speech
That infant lips can try;
Prayer, the sublimest strains that reach
The Majesty on high.

Prayer is the Christian's vital breath;
The Christian's native air;
The watch-word at the gate of death;
He enters heav'n with prayer.

No comments: