A question popped into my head today during Systematic Theology class: "Are you fit for heaven?"
What will we do in heaven? I imagine a big feast.... mmmmm, 24/7 buffet. I imagine a big party. Boy, we will have a blast in heaven. But what else will we do in heaven? Will we hop on clouds? Will be play harps? What will heaven be like?
I dunno, I have never been there. But one thing I know is that heaven is where the presence of God will be. A place where we will have a renew followship with God. Somewhere we can fulfill our purpose.
Our purpose to serve the Lord in obedience.
So imagine that. In heaven, with all the fun we are going to have, we get to fulfill our purpose in obedience to the Lord. That mean here on earth we have a chance to practice what we will do for eternally. Just like practicing for the big game, the finals. You would not to be at the finals and not ready to play your best game.
"Are you fit for heaven?"
Will you be ready for heaven? Why don't we start living our lives in obedience now? So that we will be fit for heaven!
No comments:
Post a Comment