Tuesday, January 17

The Great Romance

Yesterday in Spiritual Formation, we did a Spiritual Type test. I turn out to be K-/H, Kataphatic (compared to Apophatic) to sense God, Heart (compared to Mind) to know God. It is interest to learn over the past few months that even though I am quiet cognitive, I rely on my feelings, on my heart. MBTI: ENFP. That is why boundaries are so important to me because I tend to wear my heart on my sleeves.

"Above all else, guard your heart, for it affects everything you do."
~Prov 4:23(NLT)


When I am lonely, I usually pick up a novel to read. What to I read, just about anything. Recently I've been reading books by Ted Dekker. However, once in a while, I would pick up something sappy. Hence the Nicholas Sparks collection in my room. (shhh....) Why? Because that is the way we are created. Especially when we are lonely, deep inside, we longed to be loved. Since we are made in the image of God, we are hardwired to love and to be loved. And that is the amazing aspect about God. He loves us. But yet, God loves us so much that He gave us a free will to choose to accept His love or not.

One aspect we explored yesterday. The Great Pursue. In order to show His affection for us, He pursues us in love. What is the first thing we humans do when we fall in love? We don't just sit here and hope that person will come to us. We pursue. And in God's Great Persue, is His Great Romance. First, in His pursue, He tries to get our attention. A little blessing here, a little miracle there. We even went to the extent to get our attention by sacrificing His Beloved Son for us. But then, he wait. Patience. He let us choose for ourselves. He initiates the act of saving grace, willing us the opportunity to choose His love, yet He patiently waits for our respond.

Gifted Response (We Will Worship You)
by Matt Redman

This is a gifted response
Father we cannot come to You by our own merit
We will come in the name of Your son
As He glorifies You
And in the power of Your spirit
2x

We have come to something so mysterious
Too deep for minds to comprehend
Through the open door
Where the angels sing
And the host of heaven are antheming...

And we'll sing the glory of Your name
Celebrate the glories of Your grace
We will worship You, We will worship You
And we'll make Your praise so glorious
Singing songs of everlasting praise
We will worship You, we will worship You


The Great Romance... pursue and patience...

No comments: