Tuesday, January 10

Pursue and Patience - Gen 29.20

"So Jacob served seven years to get Rachel, but they seemed like only a few days to him because of his love for her."
~Gen 29:20


With my nose buried in New Testament all week last week, I had an urge to read the Old Testament to maintain sanity. :P I was reading Gensis when the story of Jacob jumped out at me. Though I was familiar with his story, recent event seems to give new life to the passage.

Growing up, I used to always compared myself to Jacob - as a prankster and a determined individual. Here in Genesis 29, Jacob experienced life transformation. Once a sly individual, who tricked Esau and Isaac for the birth right now receives a taste of his own medicine. Tricked by Laban, he worked a total of 7 + 7 years - all because he loved Rachel. But to Jacob, "they seemed like only a few days to him because of his love for her."

Oh, for me, this past school term was filled with pain and heartaches. And I know it is just the beginning. Yet, I looked forward to do it all over again this term, and for the next two years. Why? For I know these few years will seem like only a few days, as long as I continue to pursue God's love and purpose. However, pursuing in itself is not enough... through these few years it also requires patiences. Patience in God's plan, in God's timing.

So in the coming months if you see me heavy burdened with work and I am mumbling under my breath, don't think I've gone crazy. I am probably mumbling "pursue and patience". And do pray for me, for it is only through God that I can found the strength to pursue and be patient.

No comments: