Day 2 began with me sleeping in for the pray walk... :P I guess I really was tired.
The morning message by Dr. Johnson was once again amazing. This
time illustrating on the point that there is no speed limit in the
state of Montana. But with no speed limits, you end up spending more
energy trying to be prudent on the drive through the mountainous roads
of Montana. And that is exactly what the law from the Lord do, saves us
the time in trying to figure out our own boundaries in life so that we
can truely live life to the fullest.
Before lunch our small group met for the first time. Beside the
group leader, Jeff, Tara and Daisy, the rest of the group were all
first year students. We had a great time getting to know one another. I
especially enjoyed the company of Matt and Rose, a young couple who
packed up their life in Langley, BC, so the Matt can come to Toronot to
study at Tyndale. I than realised that people sacrificed so much just
to follow God's will, and it is a good reminder from the Lord not to
take this opportunity for granted. I found out that Matt had roughly
the same choices of seminary and I had: ACTS and Tyndale. Pray that
Matt and Rose will soon find a place they can call home and pray that
Rose will soon find employment in Toronto.
In the afternoon, it was the highly anticipated annual faculty vs.
student volleyball championship. The faculty had won the provious two
years and we were told that if we lose this year we will never heard
the end of it throughout the school year. So the stakes were high, and
the pressure was on. I must admit, what a great way to let your profs
who you are by making a fool of them on the court. The students easily
won 3-1 in a best out of five championship, but by the end of the day I
was a marked man by the prof. I remember Dr. Johnson's comment, "Joel,
I know you will be in my class next term, think twice before you make
your next serve." All in all, it was good times and now all the profs
know who I am. lol
In Dr. Johnson last message in the evening, he delivered another
powerful message. This time, he reminded us not the let the laws in our
lives prevent us from share God's love to people around us. All in all,
God taught me so much through Dr. Johnson's words.
In the evening, we went back to the lakeside for smores and
campfire. And of course lots and lots of singing. The worship I had
with my fellow students were simply amazing. Everyone worship the Lord
with all our hearts. And in return, the Lord displayed another wonder
of His own. Aurora Borealis!!! Green and pink lights danced across the
evening sky. A display that is even more awesome than the millions of
stars.
No comments:
Post a Comment