Today, I went on my Tyndale orientation. I never thought I would hear
so many biblically deep rooted jokes. Man, you know you are a bible
nerd if you understood those jokes. lol.
Bible nerd, what a interesting term. Is it a bad thing to become a
bible nerd? Because "knowledge puffs up"? The made me reflect on the
purpose of attending Tyndale. Back in my undergrad days and before, the
only thing we worried about in school is our marks. At the end of the
day, it is our marks the mattered. Yeah seminary, it seem all to
change. My instinct tell me that I need to strive for good marks, yet,
it is not the marks or the knowledge that matters in seminary. God does
not care about what marks you get or how smart you are in biblical
knowledge. If so, He would have love the Pharisees. Yet, Jesus rebuked
the Pharisees over and over again in the NT. It is not about the
knowledge, it is about transformation.
How does the seminary transforms life? ...well, I guess I am about to find out. I am excited.
It was a humbling experience sitting through the orientation. My
fellow classmates are pastors and church leaders in their own
ministries. So there is nothing to boast. Who we are in the seminary
are just faithful servent of the Lord, allowing further biblical
education to enrich our lives with understanding the truth and hence
being transform by the truth.
I know a few individuals who reads my journal are contemplating the
possibilities of seminary. Let me just clearify that there is nothing
"scary" about seminary. From what I see, those who attends the seminary
are not a "special breed". You do not need a "pastor" title in your
name to be "ready" for seminary. If you are scared that God will
transform your life, then seminary is not for you. If you want to
experience transformation, I challenge you to take one course and see
what you think.
No comments:
Post a Comment