Thursday, September 22

Cracking the Old Shell

Two Weeks Only?



I cannot believe that it has only been two weeks since school
began. I seem much longer than that: 2 books read, 1 paper and 1 test.
And the countless amount of knowledge gain. But knowledge is just
knowledge if it does not transform life.


I can feel the core of my beliefs shaken with the study into the
very thing I believed. Many people asked how does that happen in
seminary? Shouldn't your studies strengthen your faith?


Yes. But like how a lobester grows, it must first shead it's old
shell. And with the sheading the old shell you feel the most valuable.
So you break down you faith in studies, you will constantly think for
yourself what and how much to take it, constantly defending your faith.
It is this thought process that break you out of you "Sunday School"
shell. Like what I always say to my high school boys, "I don't want
Sunday School answers".


In this past two weeks, I learn to think for myself and reflect on my believes.

No comments: