... that has been a thought I had in my mind for the past few weeks, and it became more alive today.
After lunch today, I met with Rev Lau to have a chat, updating him
on my progress at the seminary and along to officially ask him to be my
mentor for my Leadership Development class. Dr. Wildeboar said that you
should never be alone in ministry. You should always have two others
serving with you, a mentor and an apprentice. I was excited when Rev
Lau agreed to take me under his wings and monitor my spiritual growth.
On every Friday, I am invited to the church after lunch. I get to
polish the bulletin for the week and along with Rev. Lau prepare for
the Friday night program. Every other week, we will also meet for a
progress report. I will have my own church office hours. :P Throughout
the meeting, Rev Lau said many encouraging words to me, my spirits were
lifted but I must also not let it get into my head.
After my meeting with Rev. Lau I went back to the school to meet
with Sharolyn, the student life coordinator. On Monday, I bumped into
Kaarina in the hallways and she asked me if I would coach the varsity
women's volleyball team because of what happened at the retreat. So
during the week I spoke with Sharolyn to get more information. I was
uncertain whether or not I would want take on such a challenge because
of my inexperience in competitive volleyball. So I spend the past few
days praying about it. The more I prayed and as I read Dr. Robert
Clinton's "Making of a Leader" I realized this might be a ministry
task. So I decide to meet with Sharolyn today and toss the ball back
into her court. She told me of the three candidate she met so far,
eventhough I have the lest volleyball experience, I have the greatest
potential in positivity influencing the players on the team. So she
will get back to me sometime next week with her decision.
When a ministry task is offered to you, it saves so much headaches
and worries you just act in obedience and let God's will play out. Oh,
what peace. :)
To top off the night, Patrick and I went to see Les Misérables.
Patrick got us really good seat, G-row, 6 rows back from the stage. And
to illustrate the point life influencing lives, when the Bishop of
Digne acted in compassion to Jean Valjean by forgiving his act of
theft, it changed Jean Valjean's life. And in turn, Jean Valjean
influenced the lives of Fantine, Cosette, Marius and ultimately Javert.
Life influencing lives. The compassion and kindness of one bishop.
No comments:
Post a Comment