It has been a week sice my Marketing Director promotion, and as of yesterday, it is offical on the system. The excitment have cooled off, my head have stopped spinning. Now I can calmly put the whole experience into words.
Marketing Director.
For the longest time, I debated on why I wanted to run for Marketing Director. Yeah, I believed that God put me in World Financial Group to teach me lessons, but why run for Marketing Director?
To me, as a Christian, "running" for Marketing Director seemed like ironic. I could put all my effort into "running" for MD, which I did since last December, but I learned that if it is not God's will, He won't give it to you. So it was a constant struggle for me. To "run", or to just let God do it. But I also learned that I cannot just sit around and "wait" for God to do everything. So I was in a dilemma.
It is funny how God been opening doors for me for my MD promotion ever since back in December. And when I think that I'm about to make it, He closes the door on me. By dangling a carrot in front of me, God taught me patience while kept me pushing forward.
In December, with my uncle's case, I could of made the point for MD right away. However, God kept me from closing the case for several months. And in April, when the case was reopened, along with Kam's case (10k points) in the bag, I really thought MD was done deal. But once again, God closed the doors and dragged the case on for another 2 months. I was frustrated.
In the meantime, everyone around me told me that I did a very good job in preparing and presenting my uncle's case. Everyone including TTW, both Sonia and Esther, and Mitchel Singer, the tax lawyer from Transamerica. That case became to talk of the office. My pride started to take over and began to think the I could get myself to MD without anyone's help. And I began to forget to bring glory to God. So God had other plans for me, and refuse to let me close the case. So I eventually shelved the case.
It seem like all was lost in June, with 15k points about to roll, and 31k points to go, I was about to toss in the white towel.
Amazingly, God provided. Within one week, my most disciplined client called me to do further investments and also I found out my parent's insurance policy surrender period was up and needs to be replaced. I quickly closed the cases, and on manual points, I was done. June 20. God is good.
Praise the Lord.
First to hit MD among Ed, Cynthia, and Katy, my pride began to take over again. What I didn't know was God still have one more lesson for me to learn.
Come July 9, the day that June points were suppose to hit the system - I have all my paperwork ready to submit to Head Office for my promotion, thought of running acrossing the stage in Vegas on my mind. The system shows I am 755 point short.
755 points!!! You got to be kidding?!?
By July 15, I realized the error was in a comination of a RSP trade did not reach the system in time, and errors in the points Hassan reported to me.
I was discouraged, it seemed that life was drained out of me. I had 2 options: to dig up 755 points in Apr, May or June, or to run for another 16k points in July.
At the time, I was tired. No, more like exhausted. I knew 16k points is not impossible, but at my current physical state, with 10 days before I fly out to Vegas, I knew it is going to be tough. Especially when my focus will be divided to look for 755 points. Good thing at least Hassan has momentum this month.
I tried every possible way, gone through every channel, till the last week of July, I still could not dig up 755 more points. I had the whole Markham office, TTW, Sherina, Sonia, the Canadian and US Head Office helping me out. I found some true friends during this period of stress: Robert, Julia, and Sonia.
I did everything humanly possible, and I still stepped on the plane to Vegas 9000 points short. I'm burnt out. Everything is up to Hassan now, he told me he will close the 9000 points for me in two days.
It was on that flight, as in my July 27 & 28 journal entry, that I broke down and submit to God.
Only then, God gave me the promotion.
Marketing Director.
Praise the Lord.
All glory belongs to God.
It is truly God's will for me to get this promotion. But only according to his schedule, not by my own works, after I have learned all my lessons and by submitting to Him. Only then, God provided. You can "run", but it's still up to God's timing.
That is why I was lost of words on the stage when I received my promotion... I'm in awe.
Photos
Marketing Director.
For the longest time, I debated on why I wanted to run for Marketing Director. Yeah, I believed that God put me in World Financial Group to teach me lessons, but why run for Marketing Director?
To me, as a Christian, "running" for Marketing Director seemed like ironic. I could put all my effort into "running" for MD, which I did since last December, but I learned that if it is not God's will, He won't give it to you. So it was a constant struggle for me. To "run", or to just let God do it. But I also learned that I cannot just sit around and "wait" for God to do everything. So I was in a dilemma.
It is funny how God been opening doors for me for my MD promotion ever since back in December. And when I think that I'm about to make it, He closes the door on me. By dangling a carrot in front of me, God taught me patience while kept me pushing forward.
In December, with my uncle's case, I could of made the point for MD right away. However, God kept me from closing the case for several months. And in April, when the case was reopened, along with Kam's case (10k points) in the bag, I really thought MD was done deal. But once again, God closed the doors and dragged the case on for another 2 months. I was frustrated.
In the meantime, everyone around me told me that I did a very good job in preparing and presenting my uncle's case. Everyone including TTW, both Sonia and Esther, and Mitchel Singer, the tax lawyer from Transamerica. That case became to talk of the office. My pride started to take over and began to think the I could get myself to MD without anyone's help. And I began to forget to bring glory to God. So God had other plans for me, and refuse to let me close the case. So I eventually shelved the case.
It seem like all was lost in June, with 15k points about to roll, and 31k points to go, I was about to toss in the white towel.
Amazingly, God provided. Within one week, my most disciplined client called me to do further investments and also I found out my parent's insurance policy surrender period was up and needs to be replaced. I quickly closed the cases, and on manual points, I was done. June 20. God is good.
Praise the Lord.
First to hit MD among Ed, Cynthia, and Katy, my pride began to take over again. What I didn't know was God still have one more lesson for me to learn.
Come July 9, the day that June points were suppose to hit the system - I have all my paperwork ready to submit to Head Office for my promotion, thought of running acrossing the stage in Vegas on my mind. The system shows I am 755 point short.
755 points!!! You got to be kidding?!?
By July 15, I realized the error was in a comination of a RSP trade did not reach the system in time, and errors in the points Hassan reported to me.
I was discouraged, it seemed that life was drained out of me. I had 2 options: to dig up 755 points in Apr, May or June, or to run for another 16k points in July.
At the time, I was tired. No, more like exhausted. I knew 16k points is not impossible, but at my current physical state, with 10 days before I fly out to Vegas, I knew it is going to be tough. Especially when my focus will be divided to look for 755 points. Good thing at least Hassan has momentum this month.
I tried every possible way, gone through every channel, till the last week of July, I still could not dig up 755 more points. I had the whole Markham office, TTW, Sherina, Sonia, the Canadian and US Head Office helping me out. I found some true friends during this period of stress: Robert, Julia, and Sonia.
I did everything humanly possible, and I still stepped on the plane to Vegas 9000 points short. I'm burnt out. Everything is up to Hassan now, he told me he will close the 9000 points for me in two days.
It was on that flight, as in my July 27 & 28 journal entry, that I broke down and submit to God.
Only then, God gave me the promotion.
Marketing Director.
Praise the Lord.
All glory belongs to God.
It is truly God's will for me to get this promotion. But only according to his schedule, not by my own works, after I have learned all my lessons and by submitting to Him. Only then, God provided. You can "run", but it's still up to God's timing.
That is why I was lost of words on the stage when I received my promotion... I'm in awe.
Photos
No comments:
Post a Comment