Friday, August 6

My Place in WFG

As I drove back from Ottawa today, I had the opportunity to use the solitude to think. Ever since that close call on the highway last winter, a truck causing me to spin 360° on the highway, I dread driving long distances. Especially driving alone. However I still treasure the thoughts, the conversations with God, and singing praises at the top of my lungs while I drive long distance alone.

Today, I tried to find some answers to the issue that been bothering me for the longest time. How to serve God in World Financial Group? I have had many similar conversations with Tim, Dave and Fanny regarding this.

"No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money."
-Matt 6:24


To be honest, that kept me from putting all my effort in WFG in the first place. But now that God has given me the MD title, there must be a purpose for me. How do I teach people concepts to become financially independent while not being a slave to money? Tim, Fanny and I concluded that if we can teach people not to worry able money, then they won't be slaved to it. Is it that simple though? Because in the process of "obtaining" wealth, one is driven by money, and hence are being enslaved by it.

How I wish to have a Christian leader at work that I can relate to...

I remember one thing that Pat Kwan told me after the Gala really hit me. She said "It is good to finally see a good Christian promoted to MD in the office." It was as if God trying to tell me something. And the fact that I am now sharing a office room with Ed Yeung, we now have a Christian stronghold in the Markham office.

God had given me plenty of opportunities in the past to share my faith in the office. To Peter, Bonnie and Hassan. Plus the many times I have done BPM training out of the Bible or sermon notes. Maybe this is an area of service God is calling me into. Tentmaking.

"Joel, would you mind making another career change in the future?" Asked Rev. Michael Lau. Over lunch discussing plans for the Church Planting Project.

I had the burden for China ever since the Tentmaking workshop at Missionfest... and God is slowly equiping me with Mardarin over last month, and I am not afraid to do a Cantonese BPM. Plus Judy told me last night that she plans to announce operations in Hong Kong in Oct, and now that I'm MD, she invited me to join her.

Is it Your will, Lord?

"You said, Ask and I'll give the nation to you.
O Lord, that's the cry of my heart.
Distant shores and the island will see
Your light as it rises on us."
-You Said


Give me China, Lord. Not for wealth or fame, but for Your glory!

Is God really using WFG as a vehicle for me to tentmake in China? If so, maybe God is calling me to be THAT Christian leader I've been looking for.

From Chruch Planting to Tentmaking in China... God has opened many doors for me, and many challenges too. Lord, give me the faith and the strength to step through these open doors. And Lord, help me resist the temptations to serve money, but to serve only You, the King of kings, Lord of lords.

Send me, Lord.

No comments: