Today I began my training for the 8 days, 100km backpacking trip through Killarney Provincial Park with Don next month. It was only a 5 km jog in the morning, 10 lbs on my back, and hit the gym for some weights in the afternoon. I’m still a long way from strapping on a 50 lbs pack and hike for 12 hours a day. Don, I will need to strengthen my knees and back in order to keep up you. Maybe I should have listened and begin training a month ago. :-)
During the jog, I had the chance to reflect on the camping trip this past weekend with my Care Group. Funny unlike my previous camps, it wasn’t God’s creation that inspired me the most, but it was the fellowship we had, sitting around the campfire chatting till the middle of the night. Also for the decision to pack up early Sunday to make our way back to church, I’ll have to thank Jenny. Thank her for her heart of worship she showed me in Vegas. It was because we made the effort to get back to church, I had the opportunity to let God speak to me during service. God reminded me of the Parable of Prodigal Son. Just like when I came back to the Load last year, previous thinking take I could have handled this world on my own; only to come back to Him with a failed engineering career and a failed 7 years relationship. The Lord did not sit on His throne waiting for my return and my explanation, but rather He rand to me, hugged me and kissed me, before I even said a single word.
So I guess that is the heart of worship, making the effort to be with God. In our busy lives it is so easy to neglect our personal time with God. As Bill Hybel said in his book, Too Busy Not to Pray. When life overwhelms us, we have to slow down to be with God. That’s why I treasure the time I spend with God as I write in this journal. Pray to God that no on can take this time with God away from me.
Last but not least, today in the office, Ed and I had a good discussion regarding God’s purpose for us in the office. Ed told me that "We do need to encourage each other in the faith and be more active in the ministry of witnessing to our WFG friends and colleagues."
No comments:
Post a Comment