Saturday, August 21

Focus...

JOEL!!! Can you focus? Focus on the glory of God. God has called on me so many times this week, how could I have been so selfish and set my sights on my goals and not His? Lord, please give me the strength to run the good race. Lord, please protect me. Satan has been attacking me from all sides, from temptations to flooding my life with worldly things. Thanks you, Lord, for Ric. For how you sent him to my office to challenge my faith yesterday. "How is your spiritual walk, Joel?", asked Ric. Tough. I could not focus during the Englist Ministry meeting. How am I suppose to lead these God-seeking youth people when I'm not even exhibiting any leadership abilities whatsoever? How can Rev. Lau and Fenny suppose to trust me with the group? Or is this all part of Satan's attacks? Eroding my confidence, cause my to doubt the strength God has provided. Lord, please give me the confidence to carry out your will, to take Your banner and lift it high.

Tomorrow will be my last service at Milliken. I will be in Vancouver next week, and the week after... the new church. Logos Baptist Church (York Region Mission). I hate saying goodbyes to friends - to the brother and sisters that have touched my life over the past 7 years. Thank You, Lord, for the memories and for the friendships. Most of all, thank You, Lord, for Your calling for me.

Lord, thank You for teaching me to have discipline in order to focus on You. Lord, I want to give my life to You. With You, all the trouble in the world will fade away. Give me a heart of a child, to worship You and seek You with shame. To love You with a pure heart.

Thank You, Lord, for the success You have given me this past week, as You prepare me for work in Vancouver, Lord, use me as a carrier of Your light to this dark world, and to share You love to those You have created.

No comments: