Tonight, we had our joint men and girl's group event. The group of us
went to First Markham Place food court for dinner, before heading to
Bowling. During dinner, there was a family with a young baby sitting at
the table across from me. I was watching the baby and making funny
faces with the baby. It is amazing to see how the little baby smiles
and react to the funny faces I make at it. But as I was making funny
faces at the baby, I noticed something even more amazing. The baby
would sit there, and watch her own toes for minutes. She will wiggle
her toes and watch her toes in awe. Then, she would wiggle her fingers
and watch her fingers in awe. It is this awe, this sense of wonder, the
wonder of the toes, of fingers, of the weird faces of a funny looking
man. :P
After playing with the baby for minutes, I am finally caught by the
parents. The proud parents noticed their baby were giggle and smile at
the funny man making weird faces, so we introduced ourselves to them.
Since Candy and Genuine were sitting directly behind them, they started
a conversation with them. Angela and Steve, the proud parents for the 3
months old baby, were enjoying all the attention their baby were
getting. While Candy and Gen were talking to speaking to Angela and
Steve, Johan whispered into my ear: "C'mon, Genuine, invited them to
our church." At the moment, in my heart, I prayed for Angela and Steve.
And the next thing that happened was a flurry searching for a church
pamplet. Praise God, Alice with her magic pouch had a pamplet and a
church bulletin.
Lord, thank You for the opportunity to serve You with brothers and
sisters like Genuine, Candy, Johan, Alice and the rest for the English
Congregation. I pray for Angela and Steve, pray that You will open
their hearts and draw them to You this Sunday.
No comments:
Post a Comment