Toronto Star Article: Man shot dead as 20 watch
48th homicide of the year in Toronto and the 32nd fatal shooting. A
martyr for the cause of anti-crime. In broad day light, in a crowded
courtyard. Only 5 minutes drive away from home. :S
2 Chronicles 7:14 keep popping into my head over the summer.
"if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves
and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I
hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
I have spent my university years, and 2 years following that,
running away from Toronto. 7 years I ran. And in the span of one sermon
on that fateful October Sunday morning, I came home. God called be home
to build His church, Logos Baptist Church (York Region Mission). But in
the back of my mind, I always wanted to run. To leave this city for
other fabulous Canadian cities or even overseas.
It is funny how God can change hearts with in short period of time.
Over last year, I learn to accept my place in Toronto over the next
three years. A change in heart that lead me to fall in love with my
church, to fall in love with God's calling for me. A new found passion
in doing God's work here in Toronto, and to become deeply burdened by
the conditions of this city.
Father, I'm beginning to see the work you are doing in my heart,
especially over this summer. Father, you have given me great dreams,
great visions, great burdens for this city and for this world. Give me
strength to focus solely on your plan and not my own.
Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment