Monday, August 22

Not To Be Flaunted

I again spent most of the day in my bed today... pounding headache. But
praise God that the fever have subsided, and sinuses cleared up. In
bed, it gave me the opportunity to do more thinking. Especially about
what three individual said to me over the last few days. They are
awesome words of encouragement, the difficult part is not to be
flaunted.


This is the perfect example of what Pastor Ed Silvoso said in his book Annointedfor Business.
God thinks highly of you even if you feel otherwise, and He will make
other people tell you how they think highly of you, too.



The first vote of confidence came during the conversation I had
with Mike. We agreed that our sermons though theologically we far from
being up to par with Rev. Lau and Rev. Thumb, but we can use our
creativity and illustration to connect with the congregation. Mike told
me when he asked one of the younger one in our congregation who is her
favorite speaker, she said Joel because of his jeans illustration.


Another vote of confidence was duing the conversation with BIll and
Cindy last night over dinner. Though I told them at my church I am off
limits, jokingly said they will play matchmaker and set me up with
someone. I've only known Bill and Cindy since the beginning of the
softball season back in May, but Bill said if he had to list some
qualities of me, he will say: Joel is spiritaully and godly, and
certainly has the gift of discernment.



Lastly, during lunch today mom asked if I was still having guitar
lessons tonight, because I am ill. I told her yes, I'll still giving
guitar lessons tonight. She told me that Jackson, one of my good friend
back from Miliken Logos Church, and my guitar student, said to his mom
that he's glad to have me as a friend.



All these good words within a few days can be very flautering, but
I know God is telling my these things for encouragement. Lord, please
not let my ego get the better of me. I know everything I am is the
result of your handy work. So thank You, Lord, for Your work in me.

No comments: